I love this peach salsa because it’s so simple and quick to bring together, but tastes amazing. Pioneer Woman hit a home rum with this recipe, as usual. I am posting it using fresh peaches, but if you want to use canned that works too. Recipe and photo courtesy of Pioneer Woman.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or 28 oz canned, juice reserved
- 1 whole medium onion, diced very fine
- 1 whole red bell pepper, seeded and diced very fine (optional)
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- dash of salt
- juice of 1 lime
Peel and slice the peaches, giving them a rough chop and put them in a bowl. Dice up the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno very finely and add to the peaches. Chop half a bunch of cilantro and mix in. Finally add the juice of 1 lime, the chili powder and salt. Combine completely and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.