This recipe comes from allrecipes.com. I altered the recipe a little bit, but it was delicious, and really good as leftovers. As always I doubled the chicken so if you like a little less just cut it in half.
- 2 lbs. shredded chicken
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 10 oz package frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Place all ingredients in your slow-cooker/crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. I put my chicken in frozen and shredded it about an hour before serving. Serve with crumpled tortilla strips, cheese and avocados. If you are feeling frisky you can make your own tortilla strips using corn tortillas brushed with oil and baking in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.