This recipe was sent to me by my mother-in-law. I had been making a similar recipe that involved Rotel, but we like this version better.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 can medium red enchilada sauce
- 4-8 ounces of cream cheese, softened, depending on taste
- 4-5 shredded, cooked chicken breasts
- 8 8” flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 pint whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9×13 baking dish with Pam. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese and chicken and cook, stirring constantly until cream cheese melts. Spoon a generous amount of chicken mixture and enchilada sauce down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in the lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and whipping cream. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Take off foil and cook for another 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown.