I found this recipe in a cookbook of nothing but meatloaf that my good friend Tracie let me peruse. The best thing about this is it gives me a reason to make my cranberry apricot chutney again! My 9 and 3 year old boys ate it too, so this recipe is a definite win. I left out the extra sage and celery, mostly because I’m not a fan of either, but I am posting the original recipe here in case they are more your cup of tea.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup coarse dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup homemade or canned cranberry sauce
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cranberry sauce and mix well. Turn the mixture into a lightly greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and gently pat down. Bake at 350 until the loaf is firm and top is lightly brown, approximately 45-60 minutes. Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the loaf and let it stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.