This recipe also comes from the Pioneer Woman website. Since it appears that her husband and mine have very similar tastes in food, I have been getting quite a few recipes from her. This one was easy, and very tasty.
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper or garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 strips thin/regular bacon, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup barbeque sauce
- 8 slices cheese of your choice
- 8 whole dinner/slider rolls
Combine meat with all seasoning ingredients. Knead with hands to combine. Form into small-to-medium sized balls. Wrap one piece of bacon snugly around the ball of meat, tucking in the ends, then repeat around the other side. Place patties, bacon seam down, on a baking pan with a drip tray sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Press gently on each patty to flatten as much as you can without squeezing meat out the edges. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to firm. Brush each patty liberally with barbeque sauce. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is cooked to your specifications. Remove from oven and lay a piece of cheese on each patty. Serve on a roll with your choice of toppings/condiments.