This recipe is courtesy of the Pioneer Woman. I cut it in half because it would’ve fed 10. It made great leftovers.
- 1 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz can Rotel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 14 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup masa, or regular corn meal
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
Brown ground chuck with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for another 20 minutes. Mix masa with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for final 10-15 minutes. Set aside. Serve by slicing the individual Frito bags open lengthwise. Pile in chili and cheese. Serve immediately.