I love me a good bean dip and this one definitely did not disappoint. Recipe and photo courtesy of the-girl-who-ate-everything.com.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup picante sauce (I used my salsa recipe)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (or more to taste)
- tortilla chips
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; transfer to a small (1 1/2 qt) slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through, stirring intermittently. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.
*Optional ways of preparing: The slow cooker is ideal because it keeps the dip warm but you can also prepare this in the oven or even microwave. For the Oven: Bake dip at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Microwave: Heat in a microwave safe bowl for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir every couple of minutes.